After the violent clash in Ladakh, the Bihar government has given a big blow to China, pushing forward the campaign for boycott of Chinese goods in India. The Nitish government has canceled the tender for a mega bridge project on the Ganges river in Bihar as it involves Chinese companies.

Road Construction Minister Nand Kishore Yadav said that out of the four contractors selected for the project, two had partners as Chinese. Speaking to the news agency, Bihar’s Road Construction Minister Nand Kishore Yad told that two of the four contractors selected for the bridge to be built next to the Mahatma Gandhi bridge were Chinese. We asked them to change partners, but they did not. Therefore, we have canceled the tender. We have invited applications again.

China Harbor Engineering Company and Shanshi Road Bridge Group Company were chosen for this project. The project was approved by the Union Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs under the chairmanship of Prime Minister Narendra Modi on December 16, 2019 last year. The bridge proposed by this project was to be built parallel to the Mahatma Gandhi Setu across the Ganges and would help the people of Patna, Saran and Vaishali districts. The bridge includes four Vahan Andarpas, a rail overbridge, a 1.58 km long bridge, a flyover, four minor bridges, five bus shelters and 13 road junctions. The construction period of this project was three and a half years and was to be completed by January 2023.

On May 15, China, which has been aggressively attacking the Line of Actual Control in Ladakh, attacked Indian soldiers fraudulently, in which 20 Indian soldiers were martyred and included several soldiers of the Bihar Regiment.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here